Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Creative Space

So here is where I create. It's actually...our dining room table! Maybe one day we'll have a place where I can have a studio to work in, but until then...this is it. It gets a little old cleaning up every time we need to eat!  Oh well.

I'm working on a series of girls, fairies, mermaids and the like. They've been inspired by a book of poetry my hubby wrote for our girls. Once I've done all the art we hope to self-publish it as a children's book. At the very least, it will be an amazing thing to give our daughters.  In the meantime, I'm posting each piece of art in my etsy shop.

Here's what the piece looked like when I finished... More are on the way. It's so great having something like the poetry to inspire me. Love it!

4 comments:

  1. this is lovely!! I love mixed media pieces... i too dream of a day when I will have more space to craft! But then again that just means more mess to clean lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for your girls! It's special that both you and your husband are creative!!
    www.papermajik.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete