Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pink Girl is going on the Road

My new Pink Girl is going on a traveling exhibition with other works of art to help people with cancer and to raise awareness about prevention with the Cancer On Canvas Art Competition and the Giving hArts Charity. I'm honored to be helping people going through something so difficult with my art.
The inspiration for her came from one of Audrey Hepburn's famous quotes " I believe in Pink". She was truly an amazing woman who also battled cancer. To me, "I Believe in Pink" means a lot of things. It means being in touch with your femininity and being proud of it. Its ok to be girly, you can be girly and still be a strong empowered woman. It also has come to symbolize breast cancer awareness and hope for a cure. It symbolizes strength and sisterhood when girlfriends support  each other through tough times.
I'm thrilled to be helping those in need through my art. Thats what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment