Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First Post of the New Year

Happy New Year everyone!
I'm late with my posting. The new Year started out great, and then only a week into January  my dearest grandmother passed away suddenly. She lived a long, full ,inspiring life - 91 years! AND she was still working! She taught English Lit and Grammar at the University. She was an inspiration to so many people. I heard so many wonderful stories about her at her funeral. It was sad, but also healing.
Because she stayed working and was such an active member of her community, she inspired people to make changes late in life when most people are afraid to do so.
So I view that as her gift, her inspiration to so many. I loved her dearly and she is missed.
I've been inspired to create as much art as I can, because it's my gift and I want to share it with the world. And I realize that life is very short and there's so much I want to accomplish.
I want this to be a productive year. And I want to enjoy life and people I love in my life, because I know we all have to treasure the time we have.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's sound like she lived an amazing full life!
    I too hope this year is a productive one!

    ReplyDelete