Saturday, January 29, 2011
Here's my latest. She was fun to create.I really enjoyed layering the papers and paints on this one.
I'd say more, but for now I'm too sleepy and full of pizza! Goodnight Irene!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Just thought I'd share the first of my series for Valentine's Day. This one is a cute wall hanging, and I used steel wire for the hanger embellished with beads and pearls. A nice three dimensional Valentine for someone's sweetheart.
I'm going to post two more pictures of it quickly. My three year old is begging me to go play with playdough!!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Hi everyone! It's Pounc Day and I've discovered a gem of a shop that has had no sales yet. Hard to believe! I think her work is awesome.
Here is her shop:
She is a New orleans based Mixed Media and Encaustic artist. New Orleans is one of my absolute favorite cities, and the vibe and feel of it shows through her work.
Please visit her shop and show her some love!
Monday, January 3, 2011
Happy Happy New Year everyone! Hope yours is getting off to a great start. I have good feelings about this year- I like the odd numbered years.
So anyway, I have just received the prestigious Stylish Blogger award for the second time the other day - ha! So I think I need to do something about it.
First of all, I want to thank http://beansproutschildrenswear.com and
For giving me this award!They are fabulous, creative ladies and everyone should visit their blogs if they haven't done so already.
Now I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself, so here goes:
1. I'm a Southern girl, raised on the West coast ( or "left coast" as my Southern family calls it! ) I'm proud of my rich heritage, and love my family dearly. I love grits and my Grandmas cornbread, and I also love living in California. It's the perfect place for me.
2. I have 2 adorable kids ages 3 and 8 that keep me busy and juggling my life as a Mom and an Artist!
3. I guess I'm really more of a night owl. I like to create art when the house is quiet and the kids are asleep. ; ) But I still have to get up early with them every morning! Ugh!
4. My favorite color fluctuates between light seafoam green and turquoise.
5. I'm going to teach myself guitar this year on garageband. It's one of my resolutions!
6. I love the beach, and traveling to the UK when I have the $$ ( which isn't often! )
7.To sum me up, I love all my family, my LOML hubby, my life, living near the ocean, and creating my art. I try to remember to grateful everyday for the blessings I have.
Now I want to pay it forward to 15 recently discovered bloggers, contact them, and tell them about the award.
1. http://asiabateav.blogspot.com She knits and crochets cute things!!
2. http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com She isn't new, but her blog is interesting and very creative.
3. http://poxiecraft.blogspot.com CUTE accessories and jewelry. Great photos too. : )
4. http://30daysetsychallenge.blogspot.com Extremely useful info. for anyone new to etsy and setting up shop.
5. http://justfeltlike.blogspot.com The cutest little felted creations ever!
6. http://mateoandtobias.blogspot.com Well designed blog. Cute stuff!
7. http://shellyorvis.blogspot.com A fun and interesting blog.
8. http://pinkglitterfae.blogspot.com She's not new, but her art is fun and beautiful.
9. http://alignboutique.blogspot.com Really cute stuff! A beautifully designed blog too.
10. http://danabarbieri.blogspot.com She's not new, but her blog is great to read. And she's very creative.
Whew! I tried to get to 15... bear with me, I'm new to blogging!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this and will explore some new blogs because of it!